Incorporated in 2010, VEPA (Victorian Emergency Physicians Association Inc) represents the interests and concerns of emergency physicians across the full spectrum of contemporary issues – from safe and efficient patient care to improving working conditions, and maintaining wellness of healthcare workers.
VEPA performs a great variety of roles on behalf of its members, including:
- mapping of the industrial landscape
- support in negotiation of workplace agreements
- political advocacy
- peer support and networking
- educational activities
- active collaboration with ACEM, ASEM, AMA and other peak bodies as required.
recent media & updates
- Recent Media Coverage: VEPA increases media presence
- IR Update: A Win for Emergency Physicians at The Austin
- Recent media coverage: Dandenong Hospital nurses may take action
- Radio Interview: VEPA on 3AW
- Recent media coverage: Casey another hospital casualty
- Recent media coverage: Eastern Health closes more beds
- Recent media coverage: emergency departments struggling to cope
- Media Release on 20 March 2011 in response to Bypass, HEWS & patient transfer times: Ramping a matter of life and death
- An update on what’s happening at VEPA from the Executive Officer
Tom Pagonis in his monthly communiqué.
- Media release on 17 Feb 2011 responding to miscarriage at Frankston Hospital
- COAG media release 12 Feb 11
- Read the article in The Sunday Age on 12 Dec 2010 ’Hospitals fall far short on beds’ at http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/hospitals-fall-far-short-on-beds-20101211-18ti6.html
- Read the media release Hospital emergency department ‘constipated’ and hamstrung by KPI targets.
- Listen to the interview with VEPA president Con Georgakas on mornings with Jon Faine.